DID YOU KNOW?  -- Three years before the 1995 Srebrenica Genocide, Serbs torched Bosniak villages and killed at least 3,166 Bosniaks around Srebrenica. In 1993, the UN described the besieged situation in Srebrenica as a "slow-motion process of genocide." In July 1995, Serbs forcibly expelled 25,000 Bosniaks, brutally raped many women and girls, and systematically killed 8,000+ men and boys (DNA confirmed).

12 April, 2006



“My fear of oblivion is even greater than the horrors I am forced to remember every day”, Deputy President of the State Commission on Missing Persons Amor Masovic said on Wednesday completing the presentation of the integral video footage of the execution of six Srebrenica men in the vicinity of Trnovo following the fall of the Srebrenica enclave in July of 1995.

Masovic actually reported the words of a former Jewish detainee of Nazi concentration camp Auswitz, who long after the liberation felt the constant need to talk about what he had been through. Although he was often told to stop “harassing” his interlocutors, the former detainee always responded with - fear from oblivion.

“Let this also be the motto for Bosniaks after genocide in the past war”, stressed Masovic.

Prior to the execution of Srebrenica men near Trnovo, which was screened with all horrific details that happened before the actual execution, the Commission for Missing Persons also presented the video footage on all mass graves discovered to date.

“The number of ‘white bags” in which the remains were stored after the exhumation is not equal to the number of victims, because some of the bags contain clothes and personal items of the victims, as well as numerous incomplete skeleton remains”, said Masovic.

The remains of another 250 victims from Srebrenica should be buried at the Memorial complex Potocari in July, he said.

Presentation of the said video footage was organized at the roundtable, which was organized on Wednesday by the veterans’ associations on subject “Support to BiH lawsuit against Serbia and Montenegro for aggression and genocide”. Organizers are the Alliance of recipients of the greatest war medals in FBiH, the BiH Patriotic League and the Association for protection of heritage of the battle for BiH.

Opening remarks at the roundtable were made by Director of the Institute for Researching War Crimes Smail Cekic.

“Numerous information and documents, including the top secrets of the former military top of Serbia and Montenegro, indubitably indicate that aggression and genocide were committed in BiH”, said Cekic.

One of the numerous records is the secret order of the former Yugoslav military top from 1990 on disarming the territorial defense of the former Republic of BiH.

“The value of the seized properties from her territorial defense exceeds US$ 633 million”, said Cekic.