DID YOU KNOW?  -- Three years before the 1995 Srebrenica Genocide, Serbs torched Bosniak villages and killed at least 3,166 Bosniaks around Srebrenica. In 1993, the UN described the besieged situation in Srebrenica as a "slow-motion process of genocide." In July 1995, Serbs forcibly expelled 25,000 Bosniaks, brutally raped many women and girls, and systematically killed 8,000+ men and boys (DNA confirmed).

11 July, 2011

BOSNIAN GENOCIDE SURVIVORS SEEK WASHINGTON REMEMBRANCE DAY

"When the genocide happened, I lost. I lost three uncles, and then also my grandpa, and then in the war I lost another one of my uncles."

Becir Hodzic may have been only a year old when his surviving family fled his hometown of Srebrenica in Bosnia, but now, at 17, he can't forget. Watch video "Bosnian genocide survivors seek state remembrance day" by visiting KING5 - Seattle's Local News: ↓