DID YOU KNOW?  -- Three years before the 1995 Srebrenica Genocide, Serbs torched Bosniak villages and killed at least 3,166 Bosniaks around Srebrenica. In 1993, the UN described the besieged situation in Srebrenica as a "slow-motion process of genocide." In July 1995, Serbs forcibly expelled 25,000 Bosniaks, brutally raped many women and girls, and systematically killed 8,000+ men and boys (DNA confirmed).

27 November, 2010

NASER ORIC, VOTED THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE

A lighter side of Naser Oric: In 2007, former commander in charge of defending the enclave of Srebrenica was voted the sexiest man alive in Bosnia-Herzegovina by AZRA Magazine.


Former military officer of the Army of the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina (ARBiH) who commanded the defense of the enclave of Srebrenica - which was surrounded by notorious Serb forces led by Gen. Ratko Mladic during the 1992-1995 war - is one of people who are actively involved in sports, owing to his youthful look.

In his 40s, Naser Oric tells us that his usual style of fashion involves sports apparel, but on festive occasions he doesn't mind wearing a suit. He buys most of his wardrobe in our country, but sometimes he goes shopping abroad.

World renowned Bosnian fashion designer "GRANOFF" is Naser's favorite brand for suits. With shirts, he always buys a sophisticated tie.

He is not a stranger to popular cosmetics:

"I love high-quality cosmetics, and in this area I choose brands labeled 'Vichy', and on the shelf with perfumes I usually reach for the brands labeled 'Dolce & Gabbana,'" said Naser Oric, adding that he likes to choose the scent himself and that he visits only one cosmetic salon.

On a dinner table, Naser Oric pays attention to his diet: he maintains body weight by avoding sweets. He cares about healthy diet and drinks plenty of water.

Naser gets plenty of compliments and says there is really not many people who don't appreciate receiving them:

"Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I thank people for their compliments, depending on the situation."

As hairstyle is one of the defining mirrors of fashion, Naser likes to experiment in this field:

"I dye my hair. If you asked me why, I would not be able to give you the right answer. When I was in the Hague, I dyed my hair blond like a real Dutchman! I am not shy about it, I do it for the appearance."

In addition to his active sports life, Naser Oric  has also been practicing yoga for a long time.