DID YOU KNOW?  -- Three years before the 1995 Srebrenica Genocide, Serbs torched Bosniak villages and killed at least 3,166 Bosniaks around Srebrenica. In 1993, the UN described the besieged situation in Srebrenica as a "slow-motion process of genocide." In July 1995, Serbs forcibly expelled 25,000 Bosniaks, brutally raped many women and girls, and systematically killed 8,000+ men and boys (DNA confirmed).

16 November, 2010

DUTCHBAT MEMBERS RAPED MUSLIM WOMEN IN SREBRENICA

"I lived in Srebrenica, the zone protected by international forces. The world knows about Srebrenica, but no one talks about what the international forces did to us. What they did to me. They are also war criminals! [see Legacy of Dutchbat III]

I was queuing with other women, waiting for humanitarian aid, for some food, I was holding my baby in my arms. The Dutch soldier approached me and told me to follow him, so he would give me a package with food for the baby. I had not eaten for almost a week. I was exhausted. I followed him. I wanted to feed my baby. If someone came to you, took you by the hand and told you - please, follow me I have some food for your baby, would you go?

He asked me to wait in a room until he brought the package. I realized he had locked the room. I could not go out. I was so weak. I was crying, my child was crying too. I was locked for 24 hours. It was hot and we had nothing to drink. Then he came at night. Who talks about this?"

Esma, interviewed by
Amnesty International in Bosnia in 2009.