DID YOU KNOW?  -- Three years before the 1995 Srebrenica Genocide, Serbs torched Bosniak villages and killed at least 3,166 Bosniaks around Srebrenica. In 1993, the UN described the besieged situation in Srebrenica as a "slow-motion process of genocide." In July 1995, Serbs forcibly expelled 25,000 Bosniaks, brutally raped many women and girls, and systematically killed 8,000+ men and boys (DNA confirmed).

05 November, 2009



Instruction to exterminate: In March 1995, Radovan Karadzic issued "Directive 7" instructing the Bosnian Serb Army to exterminate Bosnian Muslims trapped in Srebrenica:

"Complete the physical separation of Srebrenica from Zepa as soon as possible, preventing even communication between individuals in the two enclaves. By planned and well-thought out combat operations, create an unbearable situation of total insecurity with no hope of further survival or life for the inhabitants of Srebrenica."

Four months later, Serb forces committed the genocide at Srebrenica in which 30,000 Bosniaks were forcibly expelled in a massive scale ethnic cleansing campaign, while at least 8,372 Bosniaks were hunted down, lined up and summarily executed, then dumped into mass graves, and later relocated to secondary mass graves to cover up the crime. So far, the DNA analysis shows 8,100 victims of the genocide. According to the Krstic judgment, approximately 40,000 Bosniaks living in Srebrenica were targeted for extinction. Three years before the Srebrenica genocide, Serb forces deliberately murdered many Bosniak children in/around Srebrenica (see photos).


Judges at the Hague Tribunal have appointed a lawyer for Radovan Karadzic and adjourned his trial until March 1, 2010. Karadzic has repeatedly obstructed the trial refusing to appear and claiming that he needs more time to prepare his defence. He was 13 years on the run, how much more time does he really need to prepare for his defence?

The presiding judge O-Gon Kwon wrote that Karadzic has already "substantially and persistently obstructed the proper and expeditious conduct of his trial by refusing to attend the proceedings until such time as he considers himself to be ready." That "effectively brought the trial to a halt, which is evidently his purpose."

The judge added that should Karadzic "continue to absent himself from the resumed trial proceedings in March, or should he engage in any other conduct that obstructs the proper and expeditious conduct of the trial, he will forfeit his right to self-representation ... and the appointed counsel will take over."

Karadzic "cannot reasonably claim to require many more months to prepare for trial when his preparation includes matters that are not, and will not be, the subject of the trial," Kwon said, citing statements by Karadzic that he plans to show who was responsible for "the outbreak of the war."

The indictment against Karadzic has already been reduced to speed up the trial.

Karadzic - in his own words

On the eve of the war, Karadzic said that Muslims would ‘disappear from the face of the earth’, that Sarajevo will become ‘a black cauldron where 300,000 Muslims will die’, that he, Karadzic, would tell ‘Europe to go fuck off and stay away until we have finished the job’. According to the prosecution, those quotes clearly indicate the mens rea of the accused and his intent in the war.

The Prosecutor Alan Tieger submitted into evidence statements made by Karadzic, including:

"For the benefit of our people we will do anything we have to do, without mercy."

"They have to know that there are 20,000 armed Serbs around Sarajevo . . . it will be a black cauldron where 300,000 Muslims will die."

"They will disappear. That people will disappear from the face of the Earth."

"I think it is clear to the army and clear to everyone. It will be a real bloodbath."

"Europe will be told to go f*** itself and not to come back until the job is finished."

"No Muslim foundations shall ever be laid in Serb areas and Serbian villages... All foundations that are laid will be blown up. You must not sell land to the Muslims . . . this is a fight to the finish. It is a battle for living space."

For some reason, the prosecutor failed to include the following Karadzic's statements:

On 13 October 1991, Karadzic, talking to Momcilo Mandic, said: "Within a few days there will be no Sarajevo, and there will be over 500,000 dead; within a month the Muslims of Bosnia-Herzegovina will be destroyed!"

Again, on 15 October 1991, Karadzic foresees the extermination of the Muslims in the event of war. Talking to Miodrag Davidovic and his own brother Luka, Karadzic said: "In the first instance, none of their leaders will remain alive, they will be killed within 3 or 4 hours. They will have no chance of surviving."

Miroslav Deronjic, a former Bosnian Serb politician who has pleaded guilty to war crimes, said he met Radovan Karadzic in early July 1995, shortly before Serbs attacked the United Nations-declared ''safe area'' of Srebrenica in eastern Bosnia.''At one moment, he said the following sentence to me, "Miroslav, all of them need to be killed -- whatever you can lay your hands on, '' Mr.Deronjic told a pre-appeal hearing for a former Bosnian Serb general, Radislav Krstic.